Armed Forces Banner Program
Beaverton Armed Forces Banner Program
Initiated by the city as a way to honor and recognize Beaverton's military personnel.
- Active duty military personnel of the United States Armed Forces
- Current Beaverton School District boundary resident (or has an immediate family member who is a Beaverton School District boundary resident).
The program began with seed money from the city, however its long-term success will depend upon community support through business donations and sponsorships. The number of applications approved for banners will be limited by the availability of funds.
Donations are always welcome. Checks should be made out to the City of Beaverton Armed Forces Banner Program and mailed to the Beaverton Police Department, PO Box 4755, Beaverton, Oregon 97076.
As an ongoing program, applications will be accepted anytime. City of Beaverton Armed Forces Banner Program Application
Application and Installation Deadlines
As an ongoing program, applications will be accepted anytime. Banners will be installed as staff time permits. Timing of the installation and removal will be solely at the city’s discretion. Banners may be displayed for a minimum of one year. Miniature banners, produced as wall hangings, will be given to requestor at time of full size banner production.
Video Transcript (PDF)
The program is made possible by generous donations from citizens and the following businesses:
- DisplayStar - donates banners
- Beaverton Police Association
- Leupold & Stevens
- Electrochem Solutions
- Beaverton Veteran's Memorial
- Bill Rice
- Debra Callendar
- Emma Jane Henderson
- Marvin Doty
- Daughters of the American Revolution