About the Academy
Your Chief of Police invites you to register for the Community Academy, a free10-week session sponsored by the Beaverton Police Department designed to give area residents first-hand information about how their police department works in an academy setting. The goal of the program is to partner community members and police to fight crime together.
One academy session is held in the spring and another in the fall. Classes are held on Thursday nights from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
How to Apply
To take part in the academy, please complete an application.
- Community Academy Application (PDF)
- Solicitud Para la Academia de Ciudadanos (PDF)
- (PDF) طلبات أكادیمیة "سیتیزنز أكادیمي"
Completed forms may be mailed, emailed, or faxed to the:
Beaverton Police Department
Community Resource Team
PO Box 4755
Beaverton, OR 97076-4755
Upon successfully passing a background check and class availability, applicants will be contacted with specific class dates for their academy session.
- Community Policing
- Criminal Investigations
- K-9 Program
- Patrol Functions
- Recruiting and Hiring @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- School Resource Team
- Search and Seizure
- Tactical Negotiations Team
- Traffic Enforcement
- Use of Force
- Volunteer Program @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>